IDW Publishing proudly presents Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo Grasscutter Artist Select, a massive 464 page 9” x 13” tome that collects two of the most beloved Usagi Yojimbo stories. Grasscutterwas originally published in Usagi Yojimbo#13 – 22 (and won the prestigious Eisner award in 1999 for “Best Serialized Story”), followed by Grasscutter II,which was published in issues #39 – 45. They are both presented here for the first time in one volume.
Each page of Stan Sakai’s beautiful narrative has been scanned from the original art, courtesy of the artist’s personal archives, in the same manner as the multi-Eisner award-winning Artist’s Edition series from IDW.
The deluxe edition of this book is extraordinary. Limited to only 50 copies, the cover features a lovely dust jacket that showcases a beautiful new watercolor painting by Stan, created especially for this project. This edition includes a hardcover portfolio case with a unique, original pen and ink drawing by Stan Sakai inside. Both the book and portfolio are presented in a custom clamshell case that completely encases book and portfolio.
- Limited to 50 oversized 9″ x 13″ copies
- Limited-edition, custom-designed, traycase
- Hand-signed by Stan Sakai and individually numbered
- Exclusive dust jacket and cloth-bound cover only available through this IDW Limited release
- Original pen and ink hand drawn illustration by Stan Sakai
- Order by Friday, Dec. 6 at 10am PST and receive a free Usagi Yojimbo comic signed by Stan Sakai while supplies last.