Out of stock
This Purple Label edition of The Maxx: Maxximized Volume 1 features a hand-drawn illustration by series artist and creator, Sam Kieth. The book is signed by Sam Kieth and hand numbered to twenty-five. This collection of classic Maxx tales has been packaged and presented in beautiful hand-assembled casing and re-imagined covers.
• Limited to TWENTY-FIVE copies
• Hand-drawn, bound-in illustration by the legendary Sam Kieth
• Limited-edition, custom-designed slipcase
• Mounted signature page signed by Sam Kieth and hand-numbered to TWENTY-FIVE
• Exclusive cover only available through this IDW Limited release
• Vellum title-page overlay
• New end pages
• Collects the first volume of the hit original series
• Stamped with a special IDW Limited Purple Foil Imprint
• Purple satin ribbon bookmark
Sam Kieth’s own quirky brand of brilliance has been wowing fans and inspiring cartoonists for more than 25 years. As one of the earliest creators for Image Comics, Kieth created The Maxx – a homeless superhero who lives in a box. Both Maxx and his social worker friend, Julie, share adventures in both the real world and in “the Outback,” a fantasy realm inhabited by their jungle-inspired totems. In this new edition, each page has been scanned from the original art, remastered, and completely recolored under the watchful eye of Sam Kieth.
* NOTE * – The pictured hand-drawn artwork is a representative example. Sam Kieth has drawn 25 uniquely different, completely original pieces of art for this project. The artwork you receive is one of a kind and may not match the image/character shown in this photograph.
Only 2 copies available.
• Hand-drawn illustration by The Maxx creator, Sam Kieth bound in to each book
• Limited-edition, custom-designed slipcase and canvas cover exclusive to this release
• Mounted signature page signed by Sam Kieth, hand-numbered to TWENTY-FIVE