Two 6”x10” Parker portfolios and three limited edition lithographs featuring concept artwork and quotes from the books creators.This collection of rare material was created as a retailer incentive to celebrate IDW’s Parker graphic novels. The series is adapted by Darwyn Cooke from novels by Richard Stark.
This set includes two rare retailer incentive sixteen page pinup booklets and three lithographs
- Parker: A portfolio of Words and Pictures Volume One by Richard Stark and Darwyn Cooke
- Parker: A portfolio of Words and Pictures Volume Two by Richard Stark and Darwyn Cooke
- Three lithographs depicting famous moments from the Parker series
- Each Portfolio is Sixteen pages plus covers, printed on heavy matte art paper featuring:
- Illustrations by Darwyn Cooke. These are preliminary illustrations and full color sketchbook drawings, which do not appear in the finished version.
- Quote from Donald Westlake about the motivation of Parker
- Excerpt from Chapter One of The Hunter by Donald Westlake
- Short Essay by John Banville: The Working-Class Anti-Hero
- Cooke on the Art of Crime
- Short reminiscence from Darwyn Cooke about Westlake’s reactions to his sketches
- A passage from Butcher’s Moon by Donald Westlake.
Parker is a fictional character created by Donald E. Westlake. He is the main protagonist of 24 of the 28 novels Westlake wrote under the pseudonym Richard Stark.
Darwyn Cooke is an Eisner Award-winning comic book writer and artist, known for his work on the comic books Catwoman, DC: The New Frontier, The Spirit and Richard Stark’s Parker: The Hunter.